On the occasion of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations, SOUTH AFRICA 2013, which runs from January 19th to February 10th 2013, CAF together with SPORTFIVE Africa, its exclusive agent for marketing and TV rights, have launched the event’s first official application Orange AFCON, SOUTH AFRICA 2013 - alongside Official Sponsors Orange and Pepsi. The application is available to download from Google Play and the iTune App Store and is free of charge.
Followed by more than 6 billion TV viewers worldwide, the Orange Africa Cup of Nations is the biggest African sporting event. The ambitious digital deployment plan developed for this 29th edition, will allow even more football fans across the globe to enjoy the entire competition wherever they are and at all times.
Offering exclusive video content, the mobile application Orange AFCON, SOUTH AFRICA 2013, will complete the exposure dedicated to the competition on social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and YouTube – thus allowing football fans to enjoy every moment of this African football festival.
Designed as a true service and entertainment platform, the Orange AFCON, SOUTH AFRICA 2013 app brings fans the opportunity to:
- watch daily and exclusive video highlights at 00:00 GMT+1
- enjoy exclusive video round-ups of top goals at the end of each group day
- receive live alerts to keep up to date with lineups, goals and final scores
- follow news from all the teams
- get full access to fixtures and results for each stage of the event
- watch highlights from the Orange AFCON, ANGOLA 2010 and the Orange AFCON, GABON-EQUATORIAL GUINEA 2012
- discover the five fantastic South African venues (Johannesburg, Durban, Nelson Mandela Bay, Mbombela and Rustenburg)
- share their passion on Twitter and Facebook
- participate in the first official Pepsi Fantasy Game from January 19th to February 10th 2013